Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cast of Characters





















Okay, I admit it: I don't have a real zoo. It just seems like it sometimes. My husband and I share our home with three dogs - a dachshund-mix, a dalmatian, and a new saluki puppy - a corn snake, and two saltwater fish tanks, one for display, one for soft coral frags. Emily, the dalmatian, has been with me more than half my life. Mya, the dachshund, is 5 years old, very clever, and knows it. Cyrus has been with us for about 2 weeks and already I think I should have named him Houdini. He is very smart and agile and, at 11 weeks, can already scale the 42" barricade we've been using to keep him in the kitchen when we're out. Luckily, he's been very well-behaved in his unsupervised explorations. My corn snake is named Sir Hiss, after the snake in the Robin Hood cartoon, and is around 3' long now. Of all the pets I've ever had, a corn snake is the one I whole-heartedly recommend to any parent whose kid wants a pet (although, only with proper research and children of the right age/maturity level, of course).
So, without further ado, welcome to the zoo.












No comments:

Post a Comment